As an ongoing service to the community, we will continue to use this column to share important resources for those in need.
San Dimas Cares Project
201 E. Bonita Ave., San Dimas, CA 91773
• For seniors 60 and over who live in San Dimas
• Offers food packages on a first-come first-serve basis, delivered or available for pick-up on Thursdays
• Donations accepted at the Senior Citizen/Community Center on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. or by appointment
• Contact the Senior Citizen/Community Center at 909-394-6290 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more
The San Dimas Cares Project is a senior food program through the Senior Citizen/Community Center. Residents interested in donating may deliver their non-perishable items to the Senior Citizen/Community Center on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. or by appointment.
Register for the San Dimas Cares Project by contacting the Senior Citizen/Community Center at 909-394-6290 or email@example.com.
Holy Name of Mary Food Pantry
724 E. Bonita Ave., San Dimas, CA 91773
• Open to all members of the community
• Offers food pantry services Monday through Friday (closed Tuesdays) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Donations accepted during food drives that are announced on the front lawn of Holy Name of Mary or through the St. Vincent de Paul Society
• Contact the parish at 909-599-1243, ext. 138 to coordinate donation or to learn more
Holy Name of Mary offers food pantry services, including food and clothing distribution, through the St. Vincent de Paul Society to local individuals and families in need. The St. Vincent de Paul Society also provides housing and transportation assistance for homeless and unstably housed community members on a case-by-case basis.
St. Vincent de Paul accepts donations of perishable and non-perishable items, especially during holiday times. Like all food and emergency programs, they also welcome monetary contributions. Donations are accepted on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Please call 909-599-1243, ext. 138 to coordinate donation drop-offs.
657 E. Arrow Hwy., Glendora, CA 91740
• Open to Los Angeles County residents in need
• Provides food and clothing
• Home delivery service is available on Wednesdays only. Register by Tuesdays at 1 p.m.
• Contact 626-852-7630 for more information
Shepherd’s Pantry serves residents of Los Angeles County in need of food and clothing. Recipients must show their I.D. for proof of residency. Home delivery is available on Wednesdays only. Recipients must register for home delivery by Tuesdays at 1 p.m. Shepherd’s Pantry food services are available for recipients up to three times per month during COVID.
Faith Lutheran Church
505 E. Bonita Ave. San Dimas, CA 91773
• Accepts non-perishable donations for the Pomona Food Bank
• Call 909-599-3978 to coordinate donation drop-offs Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Food is also available at the church for individuals in need
During these difficult times we thank all those dedicated volunteers and citizens who work so diligently to provide for our less fortunate neighbors. Please be generous this year with your donations because the need is so great. It is such a meaningful way to give back to your fellow neighbor.
If your organization would like to be included in our ongoing service list, please contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Giving is the best part of life. Stay safe and well.